- How do I order one of your cakes?
- How much notice do you need to make my cake?
- How much are your cakes and why should I give you a budget?
- Do I need to choose a design from your portfolio?
- Do you deliver and where to?
- How should I store my cakes once I receive it?
- How should I store my sugar flowers and figurines?
1. How do I order one of your cakes? If you already know what you want, simply go to our Contact Us page and complete the enquiry form; or email us and we’ll gladly give you a quote. If you wish to place the order, we’ll simply email you an invoice with payment details, to place your 50% deposit and reserve your date. (Please be advised that we do not reserve dates without a deposit and this deposit is non refundable)
2. How much notice do you need to make my cake? Our lead time is minimum 2 weeks for normal cakes but we need 4-5 weeks in advanced for wedding cakes. We may be able to accommodate short notice orders, depending on our schedule, so please be sure to ask! Please bear in mind that sugar flowers and figurines are all hand crafted items, so please allow plenty of time for us to create all the little details we meticulously love to do!
3. How much are your cakes and why should I reveal my budget? There are many factors affect the overall price of a cake including size, shape, complexity of techniques and materials used. Your budget helps us determine what to design for you. If you don’t have a budget or are not sure, that’s fine too! We can suggest a few options for a range of budgets and work with you from there.
4. Do I need to choose a design from your portfolio? Not at all! We would love to create a new design for you, from ideas and inspirations you may have. Any cake from our portfolio or from other ideas you have in mind, can be used as inspiration and customised to suit your style, taste and budget. We encourage and prefer not to copy designs, so that your cake is unique for your event!
5. Do you deliver and where to? For wedding cakes and larger celebration cakes that require assembly, we will personally deliver our cakes throughout the Sydney Metropolitan Area. However, for the other cakes and cookies, you may need to pick-up. Delivery charges vary, depending on the distance from our base so please contact us.
6. How should I store my cakes once I receive it? All our cakes and cupcakes could be stored in the fridge. An air conditioned room is best and once the cake is cut, it can be refrigerated for up to one week.
7. How should I store my sugar flowers and figurines? Sugar flowers and figurines should not be refrigerated or frozen. They can be stored wrapped in tissue paper and placed in a small cardboard box with a few sachets of silica crystals. They will keep indefinitely, if kept away from moisture, heat and sunlight. If your figurines come with a spike or pick, these can be cut off or pushed into a Styrofoam block before storage. Some of our clients prefer to display their precious handmade keepsakes under glass domes…some fading is expected but they do keep quite well and look beautiful on display for all to enjoy.