There are a plethora of ways to decorate cakes for Christmas.
Traditional Christmas cakes in Europe were fruit cakes. And the decor was white icing with a little holly.
As fruit cakes are not exactly common for the rest of the year this type of Christmas cake remains part of the season’s tradition. But there are many alternatives, and there is no reason not to make more than one cake.
- Gingerbread cakes are another Christmas tradition.
- Almost any cake can look Christmas like with figures of Trees, Santa Claus, Snowmen, Reindeer, snowflakes, stars, or presents.
- Nativity scenes are another option.
- Cakes have been decorated with images from films like Frozen or The Grinch.
- Any cake can be decorated with commercial decorations, some of which are edible.
A custom made Christmas cake can make the occasion distinct. Remember the occasion with the fancy cake you had.
Add some custom made cookies, cupcakes or other treats decorated for the festive season.